Tuesday, April 16, 2013

what to eat

what to eat

The first week of getting rid of carbs, i.e. bread, rice, pasta, was hard.  I had no idea what to eat.  Which is a large clue that I was eating way too many carbs, since I was so lost without them.  Once I focused in on what I could eat things got a lot easier.

Breakfast Choices
Greek yogurt
Eggs (1 whole or a couple of whites)

Morning Snack Choices
Almonds (1/4 cup)
Peanut Butter and Apple
1 piece of fruit
Fruit and string cheese

Lunch Choices
Any Sandwich without the bread
Salad, sans croutons ANY type of dressing and as much as you want
Hamburger (no bun) with ALL the fixings

Afternoon Snack Choices
Almonds
Kale Chips
(or any item from the morning snack choices)

Dinner Snack Choices
Sautéed Vegetables
Chicken
Salad
Steak
Burgers
Sausage

Dessert - Yes I do crave something sweet in the evening, and I don't think you have to quit that cold turkey...just limit what you have and how often you indulge in this after dinner treat

Decaf coffee with sugar
Hot chocolate - this is one of my go to's, as I get a glass of milk in, and it curbs my craving for chocolate
Chocolate covered goji and raspberries (1/4 cup only)

Don't forget to pay attention to portion sizes, and to yourself.  If you are feeling satiated, stop.  If you are hungry eat more, your body needs it.








No comments:

Post a Comment