Monday, April 15, 2013

challenge

i don't do math

Anyone will tell you I don't do math in my head, which is why when I first started to work out and adapt the paleo diet, I did not count calories.  Counting calories as far as I'm concerned is a best guess process. So I learned to trust myself not the calculator.  This was a valuable tool for me, even now that I do count calories, because often I will see I am allowed far more than I should be eating and without the trust I have in my own ability to know when I am full, I could easily over eat, and thus defeating the progress I have made.

Trusting the process is just like any leap of faith. 

For me it was about having a plan and then believing in the plan.  I chose my workout from www.bodybuilding.com I printed it out, so I could see what I needed to do every day and make notes on the page.  I knew what I was going to eat, and when I was going to eat it.  For me being hungry is not an option.  And when I get hungry I am far more apt to just consume whatever I can without thinking.   I eat every two and a half to three hours, so I am never "starving."  Need help on what to eat?  Check out tomorrow's blog for a day in the life.

I faithfully go to the gym and complete my exercise and eat properly in a the correct proportions throughout the day. 



On a special note, today two people took a huge leap of faith 10 years ago.  So in the words of Julia Child "you are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life."

Take the leap!

No comments:

Post a Comment