Monday, April 22, 2013

challenge

challenge day

When I was growing up going through the grocery store was like going through a maze.  We walked up and down the aisles, and our basket was full by the time we got to the fruits and vegetables section.

Today as I was going through the grocery store, I jetted in and went straight to the butcher.  I never go to the grocery store with a plan, a habit I picked up while we lived in London.  While we were there food is so fresh you don't have the option to shop for a week, you have to shop for the day, and use what is fresh.  So I jetted straight to the butcher and picked up some fresh meat for the week (I try to buy organic and kosher because I believe they are healthier).  I went to the dairy section, along the back wall.  I meandered in the middle aisles for just a moment to pick up sparkling water and then back out to the eggs and cheeses.  As I neared the end of the store I noticed that my cart was pretty empty...but I as I added up the items, I had picked up enough food for dinner and snacks for the week.  I was left to get the fresh fruit and vegetables needed to complete the meals.  I made my way around the vegetables stalls and picked up Brussels and artichokes (my faves) then to the fruit stalls to get apples and berries and grapes...by the time I was ready to leave my basket was full...

The challenge here is staying away from the middle aisles which generally house the food that is the most processed and worst for me and getting enough food to eat 6 times a day for a week.

How do you go through the grocery store?  This may give good insight on how you are eating....




No comments:

Post a Comment