Tuesday, April 23, 2013

summer is here

summer is here

I tell people all the time I live in SoCal for a reason.  Part of the reason is it's April and I am enjoying 80 and 90 degree temps.  When the temperature starts to rise I start to crave fresh food.  One of my most favorite summer foods is bruschetta.  The tomato and basil mixture is fresh and can go on anything from bread and pasta to chicken...

4 vine ripened tomatoes chopped
4-5 fresh basil leaves sliced Julienne
1 large shallot chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
2-3 tablespoons each of olive oil and rice vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

**Don't forget to use kosher salt and good olive oil. It makes a HUGE difference.

Let the mix marinate over night.  Spoon on to toast, angle hair pasta or chicken for a ton of fresh flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment