Thursday, May 30, 2013

workout warrior is back

workout warrior is back

Today was day one of the new 12 week challenge.  This one focusing on leaning out, which is perfect timing for my new lean eating diet.

Instead of my normal lunch, or rather the same go tos I have for lunch today I tried my hand at an avocado salad.  It was so good and fresh, and I didn't leave hungry.

Avocado Salad (one portion)

1/2 avocado chopped
5-6 grape tomatoes (leave them hole)
1/2 teaspoon caper berries
drizzle olive oil
drizzle rice vinegar
add kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Quick Tip: When using avocados you can keep them from going bad by saving the side of the avocado with the pit in it.  The pit will naturally keep the avocado from going brown.  Same for when you make guacamole, just place the pits in the leftover guac and you will keep it from going brown prematurely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment