Tuesday, May 14, 2013

stay focused

stay focused

When I first started going to my weekly spin class, I was almost 30 lbs over weight.  The side view of me on the bicycle was defeating...at first I looked at the teacher to find my focus.  Once I got a feel for the class I would "race" my more advanced classmates.  After months of focusing my attention on others to get through the class, I finally turned the focus back on me.

I caught a look at myself in the mirror.  The class and diet were working, I didn't linger on the imperfections I still saw in the mirror.  I locked eyes with myself and stayed that way through the rest of class, in a dead heat race with myself to do the best I had ever done...it worked.  Now when I face a challenge, I stare straight ahead and dare myself to do more than I believe I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment