Thursday, May 23, 2013

food

food

As you might have realized by now I LOVE food.  Since loosing weight, people have asked how I have done it.  When I say that I cut out carbs and sugar the response is overwhelmingly "oh I could never give up bread, sugar etc.."  I know this not because I hear it all the time, but because I said the very same thing when faced with a decision on making a change so I could lose weight.

One year ago, right about now I went to my doctor, and asked why I couldn't loose weight. I thought I was eating healthfully and going for runs regularly.  He had me keep a food journal for the week and the outcome was to give up the carbs and the sugar. It was simple he said, give them up and lose weight (10 to 15lbs) or keep eating as I liked and always be 10-15lbs heavier than I wanted to be...to me the choice was easy.

I have recently heard about and started reading a book called http://www.amazon.com/The-China-Study-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660.  The China Study suggests that it might be healthier to go to a plant based diet...and my immediate thought was "oh I could never go without a hamburger"....so maybe this diet is on to something?

I guess we shall see in posts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment