Thursday, May 9, 2013

good reward

good reward

changing the reward system.  I didn't think I used food as a reward...until I realized I did.  If I had to get through a tough task at work I gave myself permission to eat candy, if I wanted to treat myself to something fun, I would choose a fun restaurant and order food that was bad for me, if I was unhappy with something food would cheer me up, even in small doses.  It was like a little gift I could give myself.

When I started working out, I realized this habit of rewarding myself with bad food was something I needed to change.  The road of ahead of me was going to be tough and I didn't want to sabotage my journey by rewards from an unhealthy life style.

Here is what I came up

1) manicure/pedicure
2) new clothing item
3) new toy (see tomorrow's blog)
4) a pass to spend some time pampering myself (i.e. staying after my workout to enjoy the Jacuzzi, steam and sauna)

What is your healthy reward?

No comments:

Post a Comment