Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the man makes a good point

the man makes a good point...

As previously mentioned I am reading http://www.amazon.com/The-China-Study-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660 which advocates for a plant based, non processed food diet.  I'm only 30% of the way through the book, but I must say the man makes his point. 

Food, specifically bad food has a direct impact on the diseases/conditions you will get as you age.  Many of these conditions make you susceptible for more dire circumstances.  The book talks about fad diets and the ability sustain limited calories and cutting out specific foods.  30% of the way through the book and I am ready to make a change...the question now is what to eat?

This week is my first attempt at cooking a plant based, non processed food diet at home.

First up is vegetable fajitas...stayed tuned for new recipes all this week!

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating conversation today! It really is amazing how out of hand our culture has become when it comes to our eating habits. I'm so glad I have you to keep me in check! :) See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad to have you pushing me at the gym.

      Delete